Dear Church –
We know the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting everyone in our city – whether physically, financially, or emotionally. As a church family, we come together as the body of Christ to pray, to be good neighbors, to love our city, and to care for those most affected. This page is a regularly updated list of ways our church is responding to this dynamic situation, ways we are preparing to thrive within it, and ways you can be cared for, or get involved.
(Updated October 12, 2020)
• Our weekly worship services are both in-person and online at 9:30AM + 11:00AM. We are taking extra steps in keeping you healthy and safe. The worship center is cleaned in between services, and masks are encouraged. When you are ready to be back for in-person worship, so are we!
• The service is broadcast on Facebook Live, on the Live Stream here and on YouTube . You can replay the service and share it with friends at any time. In addition, we Podcast the message as well.
• We have programming for all ages birth through High School available for both services. Check out more information on their pages here: Wichita First Kids & Student Ministries.
• We do morning prayer every weekday on Facebook Live at 9AM . You can join us there, submit prayer requests in the comments and pray with us.
• Groups are now meeting at various locations or online. Contact your group leader for any details. If you are looking to join a group, check out our Groups page on our website or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Each week we provide group discussion questions as a resource for your group discussion.
We are also looking for Group Leaders. If you are interested in starting a group, we would love to get others connected with you.
CARE & SUPPORT
• As a baseline for identifying how to care, we’d like everyone to take our Neighbor Survey that most fit your current circumstance: I NEED A NEIGHBOR or I WANT TO BE A NEIGHBOR
• We now have a Wichita First Church – Community Board where we, as a community, can post any needs and resources we have. You have to ask to be a part of the group, but everyone is welcome.
SERVING OUR CITY
• We have multiple partnerships with ministries around the city working with vulnerable populations and are working to find out how to serve. To stay connected to emerging needs, please follow our newsletter.
Our Living Waters Ministry has been working hard to provide food for those in need and have asked for more donations. With your help we are able to provide for more families. For now, we can only accept the following donations:
- Plastic bags (Dillons, Walmart, Target, etc)
- Canned meats (chicken, tuna, spam, etc.)
- Peanut Butter
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Small bags/boxes of Cereal/Oatmeal
- Canned Soup
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Fruit
- Mac N’ Cheese
- Canned Beans
Donation drop-off times are Monday – Thursday 9AM-4PM at the Church, just inside the lobby doors. Drop-off will be contactless.
• Contact email@example.com
Your gifts fund ministry and help meet needs during this crisis. You can give online or mail a check to the Church office.