Dear Church – we know the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting everyone in our city – whether physically, financially, or emotionally. As a church family, we can come together as the body of Christ to pray, to be good neighbors, to love our city, and to care for those who are most affected. This page is a regularly updated list of ways our church is responding to this dynamic situation, ways we are preparing to thrive within it, and ways you can be cared for, or get involved.
(Updated October 12, 2020)
• We will be having service both in person and online at 9:30am + 10:45am. We are taking extra steps in keeping you healthy and safe. The worship center is cleaned in between services, every other row is roped off (the rows are switched for the next service), and masks are strongly encouraged. When you are ready to be back for in person worship, so are we!
• The service will be broadcast on Facebook Live, on the Live Stream here and on YouTube . You can replay the service and share it with friends at any time. In addition, we’ve begun Podcasting the message as well.
• On the LiveStream, you can access the Kids Lesson (updated each week) to use for family worship with your kids at home as well as Discussion Questions (also updated each week) to use with your Class/Group or with a few friends.
• We started doing morning prayer every weekday on Facebook Live at 9AM . You can join us there, submit prayer requests in the comments and pray with us.
GROUPS & SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES
• Groups are now meeting at various locations or online. Contact your group leader for any details. If you are looking to join a group, check out our group page on our website or e-mail email@example.com
Each week we will provide group discussion questions as a resource for your group discussion.
We are also looking for small group leaders. If you are interested in starting a group, we would love to get others connected with you.
CARE & SUPPORT
• We now have a Wichita First Church – Community Board where we, as a community, can post any needs and resources we have. You will have to ask to be a part of the group, but everyone is welcomed!
SERVING OUR CITY
• We have multiple partnerships with ministries around the city working with vulnerable populations and are working to find out how to serve. To stay connected to emerging needs, please follow our newsletter.
Our Living Waters Ministry has been working hard to provide food for those in need and have asked for more donations. With your help we are able to provide for more families. For now, we can only accept the following donations:
- Plastic bags (Dillons, Walmart, Target, etc)
- Canned meats (chicken, tuna, spam, etc.)
- Peanut Butter
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Small bags/boxes of Cereal/Oatmeal
- Canned Soup
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Fruit
- Mac N’ Cheese
- Canned Beans
Donation drop off times are Monday – Thursday 9am-4pm at the Church, just inside the lobby doors. Drop-off will be contactless.
• Contact firstname.lastname@example.org